sobota, 5 września 2015

Laptop holder for armchair PELLO from ikea

If you live in small apartment and do not have space for designated computer desk you might want to consider laptop holder or laptop stand.

I have searched web for something that would suit my needs in reasonable price and I did not find anything interesting. So I have decided to make laptop holder for my ikea armchair PELLO.

I did not know will it work so decided to make it out of scrap wood laying around in my basement.

Here it is how it looks from side


As You can see at the back I made weird looking holder so it will not slide forward. In the front I added two small pieces of wood so it will not slide backwards. Whenever I want to take it of I lift front up and slide it backward.


Overall I am very happy with it and if I ever decide to make another one I will make it from solid wood (will not use any scraps).

To keep it all together I have used glue and screws. After glue have dried I remove screws and I am left with some nasty looking holes. Glue is holding it just fine so If you decide to make one do not use screws just buy a set of clamps and proper wood glue (or make some fancy wood joints like Japanese do).

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz